Hello!
I am new to the forum , however I've recently downloaded Knoppix because I have multiple desktop computers and the clustering capabilities of knoppix were appealing to me. That said, I know virtually nothing about linux, and all of my desktops are running Win XP.
The question I have is if anyone knows if it is possible, and if so how to, run the program(s) within Knoppix that are required for clustering via a linux emulator in Windows. I found one or two when I did a search online the other day, however I have no idea how to get at the programs I would need to run using one of them. I don't even know the file names I would need to locate on the Knoppix CD.
My hope is that eventually I'll be able to run one of the computers I have on XP/XP Pro using an emulator for the clustering software and then use the Knoppix boot CD on all the others. The reason I am not extremely eager to migrate all my machines to Linux is simply that I know windows, and I don't know Linux and I would rather stick with an OS that I am comfortable with for the time being. I wasn't able to find drivers for all of my hardware and for the moment I'm trying to minimize the headache and hassle of learning a new OS and having to deal with cross platform compatibility for all the software I currently use in XP.
Thanks for your time!

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$145.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Western Digital WD 3.5" Western Digital Red 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD - Works great
$79.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99