-

Originally Posted by
utu
Greetings from a clone.
I ended up using Klaus2008's method, and that works just fine.
I did the cut and paste parts in Win7 with no ill effects,
at least none I've observed so far.
I also now have a Pearl Harbor .img file, albeit on ntfs premises.
Editing a Fat32 file on an ntfs system for use with Linux seemed
to me a juggle unlikely to come to a good end. But it did.
In essence, a file (in and of itself) is not tied to any particular filesystem - it's just stored under that filesystem (NTFS, FAT32, etc.) So copying files from one to another is perfectly kosher, albeit reputedly risky when the destination type is NTFS. But it works (mostly), as you showed.
I struggled to get the reserved space size right, since I'd
forgotten a minor edit of the non-image part of the equation.
As a consequence, my clone didn't at first have enough room to
hold the original's .img
I suspect if the clone had more than enough room, that also might
have worked, but I've not proved this.
Thanks Klaus2008.
Are you saying that you took too much room with the KNOPPIX file within the KNOPPIX folder? Or was the FAT partition itself too small? Just curious...
Ciao!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Microsoft Windows 98 Keyboard Unused Condition New With Original Box Vintage
$59.99

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos
$295.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89