-
Senior Member
registered user
Postscript/Update
In coming back to this topic in 6.4.3, I note the following problem situation:
Earlier, using 6.2.1, I had allotted 1160 or so for persistent storage, leaving
a few unused Mbs on the SD Card. In 6.4.3, I allotted 1181, leaving no unused Mbs.
What worked before as a backup scheme isn't working for me now.
Saving the img on Win7 and attempting to replace imgs did NOT work.
The process won't complete, because the SD Card has too little space.
Perhaps the imgs are a bit larger in ntsf than in FAT32.
Trying to do the same img replacement game in a Knoppix CD environment also
did NOT work. The process completed without complaint, but the persistent store
no longer worked at all.
There may be some small overhead requirement even here.
I haven't heard any independent complaints, but I'd suggest those interested
leave around 10Mb's unused in their persistent store operation if they intend
to rely on this switcheroo scheme.
More on this whenever I have to rebuild my current 6.4.3 setup.
Any useful comments in the meantime are welcome.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SK hynix PC801 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 Internal SSD HFS512GDE9X081N
$90.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

fanxiang S660 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal SSD w/ Heatsink Gray
$120.00