-
Senior Member
registered user
rebuildfstab going to background
I have been checking a fews things on the pcmanfm 0.97 and udev and mounting removable media and so on, and finally I noticed that in /etc/udev/knoppix-post.rules is running /usr/sbin/rebuildfstab in background, ie at the back of the command, there is a '&'.
I am not sure of the original intent of that, but since rebuildfstab can be a slow process, it can happen that when pcmanfm is displaying the plugged in usb drive, the directory /media/sdb1 is not created yet but the /etc/fstab is built already ( ??? - that seems to be the case on my computer ). When user click on the drive, they get 'directory not found' thing. But if you wait long enough, the directory /media/sdb1 is created.
My system is not representative of all other systems, as I have already obsoleted 'hal' and already using pcmanfm 2 but nevertheless I notice more consistent behaviour after I remove the '&' and the end of the knoppix-post.rules.
Anyone what to share some observation of this on his computer ?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75