Hello,
I have tried several diskettes on the new KNOPPIX, but it can not see the floppy disks.
I want to save some files to the floppy drive...do I have to mount it or is it automatically mounted?
Thanks.
Hello,
I have tried several diskettes on the new KNOPPIX, but it can not see the floppy disks.
I want to save some files to the floppy drive...do I have to mount it or is it automatically mounted?
Thanks.
You could do this:
dd if=<file> of=/dev/fd0
Or this:
cat <file> /dev/fd0
To mount a floppy:
# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/fd0 (or whatever your mount point is).
Do this:
man cat
man dd
For further details.
....ok....it was that the floppy was not formatted.

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1â 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Comp Rainbow Black Canvas Leather Laptop Briefcase Messenger Bag
$49.00
1991 vintage APPLE The Macintosh Bible Software Disks & BIG BOOK Third Edition
$29.95
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
3 Boxes-Vintage Apple Claris Macwrite MacPaint MacDraw - Sealed - NOS Rare 1988
$74.99