Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How to enable east asian languages on 6.2.1

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22

    How to enable east asian languages on 6.2.1

    I am new to knoppix, but this is the only thing the runs great on all the machines I have encounter so far.

    If I could just enable the east asian language support (chinese in particular), it would be perfect.

    if some one ask this before... I am sorry... i search the forums and found nothing...
    (need to improve my searching skills >.<)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by kcah View Post
    If I could just enable the east asian language support (chinese in particular), it would be perfect.
    Follow the instruction here will be good :-

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Mu...ian%29#Chinese

    For chinese input, I use 'fcitx'.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by kl522 View Post
    Follow the instruction here will be good :-

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Mu...ian%29#Chinese

    For chinese input, I use 'fcitx'.


    omegad omegad!!! it worked!!!! I am now officially a very happy linux user!!! ALL Hail Knoppix and kl522!!!!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22
    hmm...
    I also want traditional chinese input... *limitless greed* (part of human nature)
    what do you recommand for that...
    pingyin is fine... but i want traditional chinese fonts

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    You hava a choice of various software such as scim, ibus, fcitx ..... All these support pinyin and traditional chinese. I believe all of them have debian packages for it. Just bring up Synaptic to install it.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22
    i try to install ibus and i won't install T.T... i installed scim.... but it won't lanch T.T.... i guess fcitx is next then...

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    What is T.T ? I have used all of these before:- scim, ibus, and fcitx. I am pretty sure that all work with traditional chinese. Currently I am using fcitx. If you cannot get it to work, likely it's the setup problem because knoppix is not exactly the same as debian or ubuntu - the debian packages may miss a few steps from setting things up completely. There will be environment variables need to be setup and some programs need to be running in /etc/xdg/autostart.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    Are you just trying to type in Chinese ? Why don't you simply use:

    setxkbmap -option '' 'us,cn' 'grp:alt_shift_toggle'

    With this you will be able to switch between us and chinese using Alt+Shift
    If this works for you, simply put this command in /home/knoppix/.xsessionrc and you are done. You don't need fancy programs just to use keyboard

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    Obviously with the chinese isn't that simple - sorry for my uniformed opinion

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22
    oh... (T.T) a is crying face... two line of tears going down ones face...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T54W Verizon VoIP IP Phone 16-Line PoE Speakerphone Black picture

Yealink SIP-T54W Verizon VoIP IP Phone 16-Line PoE Speakerphone Black

$34.50



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$600.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW picture

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW

$399.99



Yealink SIP-T53W IP Phone 12-Line PoE Bluetooth Wireless Black picture

Yealink SIP-T53W IP Phone 12-Line PoE Bluetooth Wireless Black

$50.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99