Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Comments on upgrading PCManFM

Threaded View

  1. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northwest U.S.
    Posts
    30
    I don't think my problem mounting ntfs partitions is with pcmanfm. When I created a persistent image, Knoppix considerately included all the ntfs partitions on my /etc/fstab . However, I still must mount them manually with
    Code:
    # mount -a
    I don't see any problem with pcmanfm, other than an aggravating upgrade maybe.

    I've been reading and writing from Linux to ntfs partions routinely with ntfs-3g without issue for two years now. However, I am not an expert, I don't use Windows 7 which I think has a minor upgrade of ntfs, and Harry Kuhman just warned against it here as regards system wide data recovery. He may know something I don't:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...l=1#post121576

    So I guess I encourage you to stay save but think about trying it.

    Post if you find a resolution to auto-mounting ntfs partitions.

    --
    Kind Regards,
    Freeman
    Last edited by evenso; 08-18-2010 at 08:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore 64c Computer System picture

Commodore 64c Computer System

$550.00



 Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128  picture

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128

$79.99



TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded picture

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded

$89.50



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer picture

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer

$600.00



Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller picture

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller

$29.99



Commodore 64/C64 23 Original Games (Untested /As Is ,no returns )Maniac Mansion  picture

Commodore 64/C64 23 Original Games (Untested /As Is ,no returns )Maniac Mansion

$115.00



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on picture

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on

$70.00