Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Comments on upgrading PCManFM

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northwest U.S.
    Posts
    30
    I don't think my problem mounting ntfs partitions is with pcmanfm. When I created a persistent image, Knoppix considerately included all the ntfs partitions on my /etc/fstab . However, I still must mount them manually with
    Code:
    # mount -a
    I don't see any problem with pcmanfm, other than an aggravating upgrade maybe.

    I've been reading and writing from Linux to ntfs partions routinely with ntfs-3g without issue for two years now. However, I am not an expert, I don't use Windows 7 which I think has a minor upgrade of ntfs, and Harry Kuhman just warned against it here as regards system wide data recovery. He may know something I don't:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...l=1#post121576

    So I guess I encourage you to stay save but think about trying it.

    Post if you find a resolution to auto-mounting ntfs partitions.

    --
    Kind Regards,
    Freeman
    Last edited by evenso; 08-18-2010 at 08:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



2X - SK Hynix 8GB (16GB) 2Rx8 PC4 2133P ECC HMA41GR7AFR8N-TF Server Memory RAM picture

2X - SK Hynix 8GB (16GB) 2Rx8 PC4 2133P ECC HMA41GR7AFR8N-TF Server Memory RAM

$61.95



LOT OF 2  SK Hynix 8GB  1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC  HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN picture

LOT OF 2 SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN

$89.95



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot of 32 IBM 32GB SERVER MEMORY MT80KHF4G72M3DZ-1G6E4B50A 00LP736 4Gx72 = DW picture

Lot of 32 IBM 32GB SERVER MEMORY MT80KHF4G72M3DZ-1G6E4B50A 00LP736 4Gx72 = DW

$17000.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2400T-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2MG DDR4 Server RAM KD313 picture

Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2400T-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2MG DDR4 Server RAM KD313

$229.98



Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram picture

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram

$960.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98