Hi
I found the solutions to this on LinuxQuestions.org, use the link below.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...e&pagenumber=2
I'm new to Linux and want to use KNOPPIX to experiment with it.
2002-12-12 installed beautifully on my old Pentium 200 MMX 64 MB,
but when I tried to install KNOPPIX on my new machine the
Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer didn't work properly.
The mouse pointer was constrained to the middle of the screen
and would move only up and down.
Your help would be valued and appreciated.
Hi
I found the solutions to this on LinuxQuestions.org, use the link below.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...e&pagenumber=2
I followed the link for you, the solution is simple. Press CTRL+ALT+F2
type:
modprobe -r usbmouse
modprobe hid
Press CTRL+ALT+F5
That's it.
If you did a hd install, edit the /etc/modules.conf file and add the hid key word at the end of the appropriate line (every line containing something that looks like uhci-usb)
It worked for me!
i tried the suggestion of the ms intellimouse, but it didn't seem to work for the kensington wireless mouse. it is the optical mouse which works with pc / mac (looks like an imac product)
any suggestions?
[ i typed:
modprobe -r usbmouse
modprobe hid
]

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99