Hi
I need to check my Debian installation with tools like chkrootkit, but I can not mount encrypted partitions because there is no cryptsetup. Is there any other tool or some workaround? I use knoppix 6.2.1 on DVD.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov
Hi
I want to check my debian installation with chkrootkit and other tools, but I found that I can not mount my encrypted partitions because cryptsetup is not present...
Is there some new tool to handle encrypted partitions or is there any workaround for my problem?
Hi
I need to check my Debian installation with tools like chkrootkit, but I can not mount encrypted partitions because there is no cryptsetup. Is there any other tool or some workaround? I use knoppix 6.2.1 on DVD.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov
I wonder why you want to use knoppix as a support tool for debian. Is there not a support/rescue cd from debian ?
Sergey
Use main menu/Preferences/Synaptic and get your own Cryptsetup 2.1
You already have ckrootkit.
Thanks, now I get same problem as with debian squeeze live cd. I installed cryptsetup and managed to create mapping for encrypted partition. But now I can not see and mount lvm partitions.
What I did:
# cryptsetup create crypt-md1 /dev/md1
# pvdisplay /dev/mapper/crypt-md1
No physical volume label read from /dev/mapper/md1-crypt
Failed to read physical volume "dev/mapper/md1-crypt"
Same problem with debian live dvd. Will ask in debian-user also.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spirdidonov
If PCManFM is your viewer,
you may want to look at your files some other way,
to see if the LXDE FM is part of the problem

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2× Xeon E5-2670 2.6GHz 126GB RAM RAID iDRAC
$350.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$699.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00