Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: mounting encrypted partition

  1. #1

    mounting encrypted partitions in 6.2.1

    Hi

    I want to check my debian installation with chkrootkit and other tools, but I found that I can not mount my encrypted partitions because cryptsetup is not present...

    Is there some new tool to handle encrypted partitions or is there any workaround for my problem?

  2. #2

    mounting encrypted partition

    Hi

    I need to check my Debian installation with tools like chkrootkit, but I can not mount encrypted partitions because there is no cryptsetup. Is there any other tool or some workaround? I use knoppix 6.2.1 on DVD.

    --
    Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    I wonder why you want to use knoppix as a support tool for debian. Is there not a support/rescue cd from debian ?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kl522 View Post
    I wonder why you want to use knoppix as a support tool for debian. Is there not a support/rescue cd from debian ?
    I just took what I have at the moment. Today downloaded debian live cd, but have some trouble with it also.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Sergey

    Use main menu/Preferences/Synaptic and get your own Cryptsetup 2.1
    You already have ckrootkit.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    Use main menu/Preferences/Synaptic and get your own Cryptsetup 2.1
    You already have ckrootkit.
    Thanks, now I get same problem as with debian squeeze live cd. I installed cryptsetup and managed to create mapping for encrypted partition. But now I can not see and mount lvm partitions.

    What I did:

    # cryptsetup create crypt-md1 /dev/md1
    # pvdisplay /dev/mapper/crypt-md1
    No physical volume label read from /dev/mapper/md1-crypt
    Failed to read physical volume "dev/mapper/md1-crypt"

    Same problem with debian live dvd. Will ask in debian-user also.
    --
    Best regards, Sergey Spirdidonov

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    If PCManFM is your viewer,
    you may want to look at your files some other way,
    to see if the LXDE FM is part of the problem

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99