-
Senior Member
registered user
Make better use of your Log File Viewer
On your knoppix 6.2.1 main menu, there's a neat little application LogFileViewer.
It doesn't have many items on its menu, so it's under-utilized.
I've given mine's menu a few additional items; you might like
to do so as well.
I've added .xsession-errors, a hidden file in /home/knoppix.
If you do much with surfing to sites with flash, you'd be
surprised how much activity is there.
I've added /var/log/syslog per mecho's idea in the thread
called 'Text whizzing by...'.
I've add a few useful text files, like '6.2.1 Changelog'
where I keep a text file diary of the modifications I make.
For reference, I list lspci.txt in the Log File Viewer menu
where, for example these have been pre-defined by short
programs such as 'date>lspci.txt;lspci>>lspci.txt', etc.
This works as well for lsmod, lsusb, ifconfig, dmesg and on
and on. A variation on cat /proc/meminfo, 'filesystems and
'versions also works.
I'd be glad to hear other suggestions on making better use
of this neat little application.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99