-
Senior Member
registered user
Create ~/.xsessionrc for quick session changes
Since ~/.xsessionrc is activated by xsession why not use it ? Just create it in your home folder and use it to make quick settings to X. Here is an example of mine:
# turn off default screensaver
xset s off s noblank s 0 0
# Set mouse accelaration. Works before LXDE takes over. To change final setting edit ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/desktop.conf
xset m 5/2 4
# Set gamma correction
xgamma -rgamma 1.05 -ggamma 1.15 -bgamma 1.136
# Load monitor ICC profile
dispwin -d 1 ~/.config/color-profiles/IBMTPLCD.ICM
# Start xcompmgr
xcompmgr -a &
# Start clipboard-daemon
clipboard-daemon &
# Start keyboard layout switcher
setxkbmap -option '' 'us,bg' ',phonetic' 'grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll'
# Enable key sequence to kill the X server. Old behaviour
setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hey, mecho. You've got a lot of little goodies here. I'm using 6.2.1 and I cannot locate .xessionrc anywhere. I can apply many of these ideas just as well via rc.local now that you've laid them all out so nicely. It would help to explain some of the entries a bit more. I think Krishna, or you have something somewhere on clipboard-daemon, I've used the mouse accel idea before. xcompmgr, setxkbmap, dispwin aren't familiar. Can you elucidate?
Last edited by utu; 07-24-2010 at 12:16 AM.
-
Senior Member
registered user
.xsessionrc is not in knoppix by default, but it is activated by xsession. All you need is to create it in your home folder. It is way better to use .xsessionrc to pass commands, then using rc.local
I use setxkbmap to set my dual layout keyboard, so I can type both in Bulgarian and English and switch between keyboard layouts using Alt+Shift
dispwin is part of argyll package and is used to load monitor color profiles
xcompmgr is composite manager. It gives some nice effects to X like shadows, transparency etc. It is still not very stable and I dont use shadows and transparency, but I do use the accelerated desktop it provides. At least that feature is stable enough.
clipboard-daemon is used to protect your clipboard, so you don't loose it's content when you close the source application
-
Senior Member
registered user
The second setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
Applies the old X key sequence to restart X using Ctrl+Alt+BackSpace. Its useful sometimes if you experience some system freeze
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90