(replying to himself)
I would be happy(est) to have my drive icons on some sort of launch bar, and not on the desktop at all ..
thanks!
I'm trying to migrate from Mandrake9.1 to full time Knoppix. I'll wait for the HD install untill it's just like the boot version. I'm saving my config to a 128m USBkey. I've got a dozen questions, but let me start with this one;
I renamed the desktop drive icons (so I could recognize 'em) , saved config and desktop items, but on reboot, new drive icons are created with the original names. My named icons are still there, but the whole thing is a cluttered mess, any ideas ?
ps. Knoppix is the GREATEST thing to hit Open Source; pass it on !
(replying to himself)
I would be happy(est) to have my drive icons on some sort of launch bar, and not on the desktop at all ..
thanks!

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Yoga 11e Gen 5 2-in-1 Touchscreen 11" HD Laptop 4GB 128GB SSD Windows 11
$99.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99