-
Persistant desktop icons
I'm trying to migrate from Mandrake9.1 to full time Knoppix. I'll wait for the HD install untill it's just like the boot version. I'm saving my config to a 128m USBkey. I've got a dozen questions, but let me start with this one;
I renamed the desktop drive icons (so I could recognize 'em) , saved config and desktop items, but on reboot, new drive icons are created with the original names. My named icons are still there, but the whole thing is a cluttered mess, any ideas ?
ps. Knoppix is the GREATEST thing to hit Open Source; pass it on !
-
drive bar
(replying to himself)
I would be happy(est) to have my drive icons on some sort of launch bar, and not on the desktop at all ..
thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By michael7 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 05:26 AM
-
By eon in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By oldgeezer in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 01:33 AM
-
By skyconcert in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Suncom Computer Monitor Station Stand Rare, GOOD SHAPE
$99.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage IBM Media Access Pro Wired Keyboard w/ Detachable Wrist Rest NOS
$40.00

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Lotus 123 Series Training Expert and Advanced 1987 Vintage Intellisance Codex
$39.97

Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery
$99.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99