-
Senior Member
registered user
Fixed Knoppix 6.2 headers
Anyone who uses 6.2 version of Knoppix may have noticed that compiling is a trouble. I spent some time to rebuild the headers and now compiling works just fine. At least I tested it with madwifi and tp-smapi source-packages.
If anyone needs it - let me know and I will upload deb package somewhere:
Package name:
linux-headers-2.6.31.6_2.6.31.6-10.00.Custom_i386.deb
-
I had a similar problem with 2.6.32.6. It resulted in undefined common types like u32, u64, phys_addr_t, etc. The version of headers that I've used was linux-headers-2.6.32.6. Can you please provide details on what needs to be done to fix them. My solution was to define missing types manually, but I didn't like it at all.
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Did you use the debian package linux-header-2.6.32.6 or you use knoppix package ? There will be some difference between debian package verses knoppix (custom) package - because knoppix is patched with aufs2. Unless you are compiling file system drivers, otherwise it should not matter. What are you trying to compile ?
If you have exhausted everything, you can always go to www.kernel.org to download the kernel source. You can't use the kernel you compiled from www.kernel.org, but the header files there should be good - as long as you are not compiling file system drivers.
-
I used: apt-get install linux-header-`uname -r`. The package was: hwclock 2.18. What would be the right Knoppix-specific version for 2.6.32.6? When I checked the version with dpkg, it said:
ii linux-headers-2.6.32.6 2.6.32.6-10.00.Custom
Does it mean that I have the correct Knoppix version? Probably the problem is in hwclock and not in headers.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Likely is the hwclock source.
hwclock is part of util-linux, the latest version in the unstable repository is 2.17.2-3.1. You are trying to compile something even later than that !
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

5 Grandstream DP720 DECT Cordless HD VoIP Telephone Handset + DP750 Base Bundle
$249.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99