Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: How to start automatically a script after that the knoppix user is logged on.

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Marietto
    I re-booted Knoppix with runlevel 2,but when it has finished to be loaded in memory,the script.sh is not started.
    Where did you look for the output of /etc/rc.local ? If you read the file /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig you will find the command line where /etc/rc.local is executed on virtual terminal #12. I think you have to switch over to vt #12. But if there are additional messages on this vt coming from services already started or the kernel it might be difficult to identify rc.local's output. Thus, I think, altering the vt from #12 to #11 could help. In addition I would switch over to vt #11 before the read command is executed. The old command line in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig is
    Code:
    [ -x /etc/rc.local ] && /usr/bin/openvt -c 12 -f -- /etc/rc.local
    The new command line could be
    Code:
    [ -x /etc/rc.local ] && /usr/bin/openvt -c 11 -w -b -f -s -- /etc/rc.local

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17
    It takes some time to display the message "Insert the Windows installation disk" ,but it works. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards picture

Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards

$145.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00