-
Junior Member
registered user
How to start automatically a script after that the knoppix user is logged on.
Hello to everyone,
I'm trying to make a customized version of KNOPPIX 6.2 that should run totally in RAM.
The customizations I need to do are very few :
1) automount in write mode the first two NTFS/FAT32 partitions of the first hard disk
2) mount the CD/ROM after the default user (knoppix) or (root ?) is logged on
3) start automatically a session of DOSEMU after that the knoppix user is logged on
This is what I did while I was in chroot :
apt-get install dosemu
cd /mnt
mkdir cdrom
mkdir hda1
mkdir hda2
mkdir sda1
mkdir sda2
cd /home/knoppix/.dosemu/drives/c
nano autoexec.bat
lredir e: linux\fs/mnt/cdrom c
lredir f: linux\fs/mnt/hda1
lredir g: linux\fs/mnt/hda2
lredir h: linux\fs/mnt/sda1
lredir i: linux\fs/mnt/sda2
nano /home/knoppix/.bash_profile
#!/bin/sh
clear
read -p "Insert your Windows installation disk and press a key to continue" disco
sudo mount -t auto /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
dosemu
mv /etc/skel /etc/skel-old
mv /home/knoppix /etc/skel
chown root:root -R /etc/skel
cp -Rp /etc/skel /home/knoppix
chown knoppix:knoppix -R /home/knoppix
When Knoppix starts the script I put in /home/knoppix/.bash_profile is not executed. Why ?
The folder /home/knoppix is empty. Instead,I have everything on /etc/skel/,like the .dosemu folder and the .bash_profile script. I would like that it is placed on /home/knoppix and that it is executed when the knoppix starts. Thanks.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95