-
Senior Member
registered user
@mecho
Thanks for all the hard work.
Since the M$-Nano is behaving itself, perhaps
previous efforts have at least recorded workable settings
should someone able to do so need to set or re-set these
values.
You've also given us some invaluable lessons in
diagnostic techniques, for which thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@mecho
I likely have underestimated both my M$-Nano and yourself in regard
to the unplugging and re-plugging maneuver you suggested in post #3.
Replugging USB devices usually triggers some sort of discovery
and adjustment somewhere or other. Maybe in the device firm-ware,
maybe in the OS, or both.
My M$-Nano now works just as well in Linux as it does in Win7.
I'm happy enough right now with the settings chosen for me in
both situations.
In Win7, I think there may be some further adjustments possible.
In Knoppix 6.2.1, I've found three mouse adjustment avenues;
none of these affect my M$-Nano.
I think this thread has accomplished what I was looking for initially.
Someone else may want to start a thread on 'Linux tricks for a Nano',
I'm not that obsessive.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am glad it works for you
happy NANO mousing
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you want to map all your mouse buttons there is very easy gui tool called btnx-config, you might want to give it a try
-
Senior Member
registered user
@mecho
btnx-config is not in Debian stable, and I notice some complaints
in Ubuntu. So I think I'll pass on that. Remind me again when
it's in Debian stable.
Thanks for the idea. You seem to find a lot of good things out there.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Postscript:
After a week or so, my nano began misbehaving again.
Unplugging and replugging fixed the behavior, again.
I frequently boot up in Win7, maybe nano gets confused.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco C9200-48P-A Catalyst 48-Port PoE+ Switch
$749.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points - Tested & Working (AP Only)
$89.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99