Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Help me train a mouse

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @mecho

    Thanks for all the hard work.

    Since the M$-Nano is behaving itself, perhaps
    previous efforts have at least recorded workable settings
    should someone able to do so need to set or re-set these
    values.

    You've also given us some invaluable lessons in
    diagnostic techniques, for which thanks.

  2. #22
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @mecho

    I likely have underestimated both my M$-Nano and yourself in regard
    to the unplugging and re-plugging maneuver you suggested in post #3.

    Replugging USB devices usually triggers some sort of discovery
    and adjustment somewhere or other. Maybe in the device firm-ware,
    maybe in the OS, or both.

    My M$-Nano now works just as well in Linux as it does in Win7.
    I'm happy enough right now with the settings chosen for me in
    both situations.

    In Win7, I think there may be some further adjustments possible.
    In Knoppix 6.2.1, I've found three mouse adjustment avenues;
    none of these affect my M$-Nano.

    I think this thread has accomplished what I was looking for initially.
    Someone else may want to start a thread on 'Linux tricks for a Nano',
    I'm not that obsessive.

  3. #23
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    I am glad it works for you happy NANO mousing

  4. #24
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    If you want to map all your mouse buttons there is very easy gui tool called btnx-config, you might want to give it a try

  5. #25
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @mecho

    btnx-config is not in Debian stable, and I notice some complaints
    in Ubuntu. So I think I'll pass on that. Remind me again when
    it's in Debian stable.

    Thanks for the idea. You seem to find a lot of good things out there.

  6. #26
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Postscript:

    After a week or so, my nano began misbehaving again.
    Unplugging and replugging fixed the behavior, again.

    I frequently boot up in Win7, maybe nano gets confused.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS picture

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS

$349.95



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99