-

Originally Posted by
nickc1976
Hi,
I have a PC running Windows 7 on 2 partitions. One of the partitions has failed, so I am trying to boot into knoppix to recover data from the failed partition.
I downloaded the file KNOPPIX_V6.2.1DVD-2010-01-31-EN.iso and burned it onto a DVD. I booted from the DVD, and a Knoppix loading screen is displayed.
It says:
boot:
Loading linux.......isolinux: Disk error 80, AX = 4276, Drive 9F
Boot failed: press a key to retry
Can anyone help with this error?
The PC has 2 hard disks installed in a Raid 1 mirror - could that be the cause of the problem?
Thanks
Nick
I'm not sure what you really need. Is there not a recovery capacity built in with RAID-1? I thought that was about all you got from having the second disk. If your system went wacky and started trashing your partition, then it would most likely be replicated on the second disk. So the big question, I suppose, is what filesystem were you using? Given that it's Windows, I'm gonna guess it's NTFS. Recovery of that type is probably best done with M$oft tools, e.g. chkdsk. In order to get a DOS command line to run it, you might like to try Hiren's BootCD, which is widely available on the web, especially via torrent. Torrents are available via Knoppix, if need be, and burning can be done with Brasero on the Sound and Video menu.
Cheers!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

192GB (12 x 16GB) PC4-2400T 2400MHz DDR4 ECC REG Memory
$1850.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

*LOT of 26* SK, Samsung, Micron, other 8GB PC4-2666V DDR4 DIMM Desktop Memory
$800.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39