If your problem is what to do with an iso, see if this helps:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/iso
Ignore the cat.
Hi i've been trying to make a knoppix cd but when i use the cd it says there is no bootable program. I used roxio easy cd dvd creator. So i tried to download another version of knoppix but that didn't work too. Is it possible that the cd doesnt work because i only put the iso file unto the cd and not that other files(there were 4 little files which are a few kb big). So i tried to ut them unto the cd also but i can only put one file onto the cd!
any suggestions????
If your problem is what to do with an iso, see if this helps:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/iso
Ignore the cat.
@tok121
Did you read the Downloading FAQ in the wiki? There is a section
Q: I have downloaded the ISO file. How do I burn the ISO? How is the ISO supposed to be burned? http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Download...o_be_burned.3F
I use ImgBurn http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn ISO image files.
@klaus2008
Hi, klaus.
Since I've already admitted to not being an expert, I can also admit that
I could not readily find an answer using any of the forum's search boxes.
I'm not sure I even found any relevant FAQ or Wiki on this.
Are you sure it's still here?
This was really hard to find:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Download...o_be_burned.3F
If we didn't have the link.
Last edited by utu; 08-05-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Outside the forum, with the search key in Google
knoppix burning iso
Your entry shows up as #1.
The forum itself gives this up rather grudgingly.
Hi, utu
You don't have to do a search from outside because the website KNOPPIX.net has got a search page http://www.knoppix.net/s.html
That is because the forum isn't the right place to look for documentation. The forum is for discussion. The wiki is for documentation. And it is reached by the "Documentation" link on the top of every forum page. (Imagine that!) Once a user gets to the wiki, the proper section to read is the "Downloading FAQ" which gives all of the information needed to properly download and verify the download and then burn to CD properly. We have seen all of the typical errors over and over again. They could all be found by extensive searching of the forums, but that would be pointless, they are all neatly organized in one place in the FAQ.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Exactly my point.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99