-
Junior Member
registered user
How boot Windows Vista / 7 using grub4dos and SysLinux
Hello,
I have another question to ask. I booted Knoppix 6.2 with the following boot parameters :
knoppix 2 toram lang=it
this is the situation of my disk (formatted with the NTFS filesystem) :
(hd0,0) ---> this is the invisible partition built by Windows 7
(hd0,1) ---> here there is the installation of Windows 7
I copied all the Windows 7 installation files on (hd0,1)\7\
Now,from the running Knoppix,I would like to configure grub4dos so that,when I restart the computer,the installation of Windows 7 can start.
I've added the following section to : /boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg:
DEFAULT Windows
LABEL Windows
KERNEL grub.exe
and I copied grub.exe in /boot/isolinux/ and in /boot/grub/
I know that GRUB4DOS requires menu.lst,so I have copied this menu.lst file on
/boot/isolinux/ and on /boot/grub/
title Start the installation of Windows 7
root (hd0,1)
chainloader (hd0,1)/7/bootmgr
but when Knoppix restart and I choose Windows at the boot prompt,the installation of
Windows 7 does not start. Can you tell me where is the error ? Thanks in advance.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00