-

Originally Posted by
bowser
I found how to find the flash drive, but where would I go if I'm trying to retrive files from the hard drive? The computer working because of 'windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt' so I just need to try and salvage a few pictures and files off of it but I don't know where I would go to find them. Also I tried using 6.2.1 but I couldn't get it to load past the initial/booting screen so I popped back in the 6.0.1
1) It sounds like you found and started PCMan - good. If you don't see the hard drive partition you want to save files from there - not so good. It would be good to know if those guesses are right.
2) As far as 6.2.1 goes, it sounds like you got a bad disk (very common, especially when burned with Win-blows.) I recommend that you get your hands on a copy of 6.2.1 that boots properly. Use 6.0 with another disk, or borrow the use of a PC or Mac (roommate, brother/sister, girlfriend, etc.) and download again, check the md5 checksum to make sure it's good, then burn at SLOW speed to ensure properly functioning disks.
3) If the guesses in 1) are correct, then it's likely you have a bad drive/partition. Most likely, IMHO, you need M$oft recovery tools to get to NTFS data - if so, then search around for Hiren's BootCD, which is widely available on the web, especially via torrent. It will give a DOS-like command line and chkdsk, to start the process.
Cheers!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DELL LATITUDE D810 LAPTOP *FOR PARTS ONLY*
$49.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable
$110.00

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00