-
Senior Member
registered user
Remaster Tutorial for Knoppix on USB
Since most of the Knoppix users nowadays use flash drives as media, can someone please make a good step by step USB remaster tutorial. It would be great if it is included in this web page Documentation.
Less and less people are using Knoppix on CD and the remastering in the wiki is mostly irrelevant.
I tried to follow kl522's thread - Re-master your flash installation, but it did not work for me once I got to the mkisofs part
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mecho
I tried to follow kl522's thread - Re-master your flash installation, but it did not work for me once I got to the mkisofs part
Did you get an error message?
Did you use memory for temporary data storage?
You can use the -f option to tell create_compressed_fs where to put the temporary file.
create_compressed_fs -h gives you a list of available options.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I had blocksize error, but my approach was wrong on the first place. I was using FAT32 formated hard drive as temporary storage and I think it is wrong because files don' retain their permissions once they are copied to FAT. That's why I was hopping someone can make a good step by step tutorial on how to remaster USB installation, mentioning everything necessary for remastering
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00