Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: LXDE 'upgrades' in Knoppix 6.2.1 Using Synaptic

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    At last.

    lxpanel was the missing ingredient to make 'Applications' work
    in PCManFM, the upgrade.

    I opened up my repo selections to include everything including
    the kitchen sink. Found one 'lx...' entry waiting to be discovered
    as available for 'upgrade'.

    lxpanel, the upgrade, gives a marvelously interesting and complete
    display of LXDE application categories. Applications/Desktop Settings
    would be a lovely home for kl522's Desktop Preferences command,
    mentioned in his post #7 on the thread 'Comments on upgrading PCManFM'.

    I think PCMan tries to do too much with PCManFM. It is also a
    desktop manager, masquerading as a mere file mangager.

  2. #12

    problems with synaptic

    Hi: I have this problem, when ii tray to update the packets from internet i was have this message:
    E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room. Please increase the size of APT::Cache-Limit. Current value: 25165824. (man 5 apt.conf)
    E: Ocurrió un error mientras se procesaba icedove-gnome-support (NewVersion1)
    E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
    E: Las listas de paquetes o el archivo de estado no se pueden analizar sintácticamente o abrir.

    I have knoppix 6.2 installed in the HD from a cd , and i install this in spanish.
    Sorry if i put same batdly but english is no my espertice. I fron Argentina.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Harry Kuhman; 12-13-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: too loud

  3. #13
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... if you don't have '/etc/apt/apt.conf' make a copy of '/usr/share/doc/apt/examples/apt.conf'

    At the end of '/etc/apt/apt.conf' write this line
    APT::Cache-Limit "50000000";

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @franciscoklf

    I have not run into this problem myself.

    I am using Knoppix 6.2.1 installed from CD to a 2Gb USB card, with 1.1 Gb persistent.
    My Synaptic uses default parameters except for repositories; I use only two, the 'stable'
    ones, except for a few programs like LXDE, its lx-helpers, and flash.
    I don't find _any_ apt.conf, as such, on my 6.2.1 setup.

    FWIW, I don't attempt any massive upgrades with _all_ repos active.
    I do comprehensive upgrades using the two stable repos with no problems.

    In your Knoppix 6.2 case, the suggestion to increase the cache limit seems like a good
    first step. If that doesn't work out, you might try Knoppix 6.2.1.
    Beyond that, we probably ought to know more specifics about your pc.

  5. #15
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... this problem with "APT::Cache-Limit" also happens in Knoppix 6.2.1

    Greetings Werner ° http://www.wp-schulz.de/rettung.html
    "Persoenliche Knoppix-Rettungs-CD erstellen (Knoppix remaster)"

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    34
    Thanks Werner Your fix in post #13 works a treat with Knoppix 6.3 dvd hard drive install too. So simple when someone shows you how! I'd never have found it in a month of Sundays on my own. Best wishes, John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$59.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00