-
Restore Partition, ASUS, msconfig,
Hi guys
New to the world of Linux.
Managed to get the machine to boot up with it in teh CD drive - All good 
Have got access to Hard Drive, backed up all data - Extra good 
Q1 - I think I know what's wrong, or at least where to go to test some ideas but it means editing the XPPro msconfig but as it stalls at teh startup logo I can't get into it. Is there another way of editing msconfig?
Q2 - I don't have 'the' XP discs as this came with 2 Recovery CD's and a Recovery partition. The CD's get to "Recovering now..." and then nothing happens. Thoughts?
Q2a - How do you use the recovery partition - what do you tell to run etc??? (I can get psuedo MSD prompt via the Recovery discs)
Q3 - doh, forgot what else I was going to ask???? It'll come back to me...maybe.....
Cheers
Seth
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99