-
Browser not working
After installing K6.2.1 on my laptop I tried to surf. My connection is to my wireless router connected to my desktop. The connection icon on the bottom right shows the appropriate green bar symbol with the pop up that I am connected but the browser doesn't act like it. I don't find any firewall connected with Knoppix so I am at a loss
as to what can be inhibiting browser function. Any help please?
-

Originally Posted by
medusa569
After installing K6.2.1 on my laptop I tried to surf. My connection is to my wireless router connected to my desktop. The connection icon on the bottom right shows the appropriate green bar symbol with the pop up that I am connected but the browser doesn't act like it. I don't find any firewall connected with Knoppix so I am at a loss
as to what can be inhibiting browser function. Any help please?
1) Have you used the wireless router to connect previously? It's not usual that you would be connected without having to click anything first - normally, one clicks the icon and chooses a "visible network," or chooses "Connect to a hidden network."
2) You say that Knoppix is "installed" - normally, that means copied to the hard drive in one way or another. At least in the beginning, Knoppix runs off of a CD, and there's a self-test feature that you might want to run. Boot to the "big penguin" prompt, then type in
Code:
knoppix testcd (or testdvd)
Hit the Enter key and you'll find out if you've got a good disk, at least.
Cheers!
Krishna
-
Browser not working
I did a HD install with the version 6.2.1. There is not disk at all anymore in the bootable drive. Plus there is no big penguin at the bottom on my version.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

lot of 3 Samsung 32GB DDR4 4DRx4 PC4-2133P (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q) not working
$150.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$459.00

Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)
$120.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1499.00

MICRON MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2E1TI 64GB DDR4 PC4-3200AA RDIMM ECC
$600.00

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

Micron 32GB (16GB x 2) PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz ECC RDIMM Memory (sku 0054)
$199.00