Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Using a serial mouse on Knoppix 6.2.1 graphical environment

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1

    Question Using a serial mouse on Knoppix 6.2.1 graphical environment

    I'm using an old laptop and I want to use a serial mouse instead of using the built-in touchpad of the laptop I'm using. There's no problem on BIOS setting of the laptop regarding input device configurations, all settings on the BIOS are correct. I plugged-in the serial mouse on COM1 on the laptop before starting it to run. After knoppix finally loaded and ready to use, and as I move the serial mouse, it doesn't move the mouse cursor, but when I use the touch pad of the laptop, the mouse cursor moves. What shall I do? Help please... I'm very new to Linux.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I think you should install the package inputattach and use that program to configure your serial mouse.

    Example: I have got a serial Logitech mouse with a wheel plugged-in on COM1. Thus I would enter the following command in a terminal.
    Code:
    sudo inputattach --daemon -mmw /dev/ttyS0
    The manual page explains which serial devices are supported. You could also enter
    Code:
    inputattach --help
    to get a list of supported serial input devices.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech picture

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech

$747.99