I notice that my network manager works continuously while I am
wifi connected to my Verizon router to see if there might be a
'better connection'. It knows I also have an ethernet card
that's not being used.
There is a syslog entry every two minutes presumably documenting
this surveillance without comment. Probably noting to itself
that I could be doing better, but apparently I'm not.
I'm hoping this wasted effort is not somehow a security flaw,
advertizing my location or disclosing some important detail about
my setup, unbeknownst to me.
I can't imagine this is a performance problem, happening every
two minutes, but it is unnecessary. Is there some way to
instruct network manager to lay off this dead-end activity?

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99
Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1499.00
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] 8GB DDR3 LAPTOP RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX, etc.
$89.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 32GB Kit 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 Laptop RAM SO-DIMM M471A2K43EB1-C
$124.99
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
AO1P32NC8W1-BD2SHC, ADATA 8GB 1RX16, PC4-3200AA DDR4 SO-DIMM LAPTOP MEMORY
$38.95