I now have knoppix in my HD. I also have 'apt-get update'. So what version of debian do I have?
I see a line at the boot up stating "debian testing/unstable" .Does this mean I have the combination of testing and unstable debian?
I now have knoppix in my HD. I also have 'apt-get update'. So what version of debian do I have?
I see a line at the boot up stating "debian testing/unstable" .Does this mean I have the combination of testing and unstable debian?
Yes. If you want to check on your or any other machine running debian then in a console window cat /etc/debian_version.Originally Posted by bongski55
What then is better, installing using the latest Knoppix or using an old knoppix and apt-get update?
use whatever is in the latest KNOPPIX unless you know what you are doing. apt-get upgrade/dist-upgrade is not as painless as it sounds. It is great that Klaus has helped to iron out all the dependency detail.
All you get by using the latest version is improvements made to the cd itself (the scripts) and additions of software to it. If you are happy with the packages you have now there is no need to use the latest version, apt will keep all your packages installed now up to date.Originally Posted by bongski55
Are knoppix packages online ?
if we want to upgrade those through apt ?
why knoppix repository isnt in apt/source.list
Knoppix uses standard .deb packages and as such the regular sources for Debian are the correct settings for the sources.list. If you mean the knoppix scripts IIRC they can be found at any of the mirrors for the image itself.Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr
I knew that knoppix is debian
but why the knoppix scripts aren't packaged in deb files
that can be acessed through apt
most of pakages installed in knoppix are not more online
so what if i delete some of theam and want to install them again ?
The packages should be in /var/cache/apt/archives/ before you uninstall them backup the knoppix* packages to a directory and if you ever need them again then install with dpkg -i knoppix-package from the backups. As to why there is no .deb I don't really know.Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99