-
Junior Member
registered user
Installing Celestia (3d_space_simulator) , how ? help !?
Hi, after I hdd-installed Knoppix, I found it very difficult upgrading or installing whatever program I would like to,
I need help installing Celestia 1.3.0 (http://www.shatters.net/celestia) on knoppix, its the best FREE 3d space simulator available for free download on the internet,
who can really help and make it work ??
p.s.:there is an older version of celestia unstable packed in the debian page, even this package won't work,
I have updated nvidia driver to 4363 successfully.
last thing to mention: I had mandrake 9.1 before koppix and celestia was installed successfully.
Greetings
-
Senior Member
registered user
What error(s) are you getting when you try to install?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I was trying to install from the source-package of celestia (http://www.shatters.net/celestia/download.htm)
errors ? ohh, a lot , they are stored in the config.log (a very large txt file 100KB) after running command:
./configure --with-kde
in the end I got
Code:
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
hmm ??
help !
-
Senior Member
registered user
You need the development package for the version of qt you have. Try dpkg -l | grep qt to find the version you have and then apt-cache policy version_you_have-dev to see the developement package you will have to install.
-
Junior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
one last thing, I guess its more useful for getting celestia on the next release of Knoppix instead of silly games
charming program indeed
-
Senior Member
registered user
Good to hear you got it going. You probably had to tell the configure program where the files were with a switch the information for that is more than likely in one of the readme files or the config file itself if this happens to you again.
Similar Threads
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99