yes, it will. If you already have a partition which you don't mind KNOPPIX to wipe and overwrite, HD install is easy and painless.
I have just discovered Knoppix and love it. It recognises all the hardware on an old laptop. Great!
I want an hdd install that replaces the current slow, bloated and generally messed up (semi broken...) linux install; I have V3.2-2003-05-20.
What will Knoppix do with the existing ext3 partitions? I'd quite happily keep the partitioning as it is and just write over everything that's already there, or repartition the system in the process, or whatever - will the hdd install give me such options?
Thanks in advance....
yes, it will. If you already have a partition which you don't mind KNOPPIX to wipe and overwrite, HD install is easy and painless.
You will need minimum partitions of 2.2gb for / and 128mb for /swap. The install will put everything into the / partition.Originally Posted by todsr1

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98