-
hdd install to replace linux fs
I have just discovered Knoppix and love it. It recognises all the hardware on an old laptop. Great!
I want an hdd install that replaces the current slow, bloated and generally messed up (semi broken...) linux install; I have V3.2-2003-05-20.
What will Knoppix do with the existing ext3 partitions? I'd quite happily keep the partitioning as it is and just write over everything that's already there, or repartition the system in the process, or whatever - will the hdd install give me such options?
Thanks in advance....
-
Senior Member
registered user
yes, it will. If you already have a partition which you don't mind KNOPPIX to wipe and overwrite, HD install is easy and painless.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: hdd install to replace linux fs

Originally Posted by
todsr1
I have just discovered Knoppix and love it. It recognises all the hardware on an old laptop. Great!
I want an hdd install that replaces the current slow, bloated and generally messed up (semi broken...) linux install; I have V3.2-2003-05-20.
What will Knoppix do with the existing ext3 partitions? I'd quite happily keep the partitioning as it is and just write over everything that's already there, or repartition the system in the process, or whatever - will the hdd install give me such options?
Thanks in advance....
You will need minimum partitions of 2.2gb for / and 128mb for /swap. The install will put everything into the / partition.
Similar Threads
-
By jslegers in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
-
By suzan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 03:08 PM
-
By moran in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-02-2005, 06:56 PM
-
By Sirius78 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By sebke in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Fanvil X210 IP Phone Pair – 20-Line Executive Desk Phones w/ Power Adapters
$185.00

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99