Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need boot cheat code for ati mobility radeon hd 4570

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2

    Question Need boot cheat code for ati mobility radeon hd 4570

    I am using an Acer laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 graphics card. But when I boot from a Knoppix 6.2.0 linux live CD, the compiz fusion does not work nor does the other visual effects (like CUBE effect, etc) work. When I used the CD on my desktop with very modest hardware , the effects worked fine.
    Can any one suggest me solutions for this ? Do I need to type down any cheat code specific for my graphics card ? Please help !!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I do not own such hardware but I would try Knoppix V 6.2.1 with the cheatcode xmodule=radeonhd. Support for Mobility Radeon 4570 (M92) was added in the radeonhd driver 1.3.0 although it is called experimental http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri...d/plain/README. I do not know whether radeonhd driver 1.3.0 was included in Knoppix 6.2.0.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN picture

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN

$55.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3

$59.99



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00