Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need boot cheat code for ati mobility radeon hd 4570

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2

    Question Need boot cheat code for ati mobility radeon hd 4570

    I am using an Acer laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 graphics card. But when I boot from a Knoppix 6.2.0 linux live CD, the compiz fusion does not work nor does the other visual effects (like CUBE effect, etc) work. When I used the CD on my desktop with very modest hardware , the effects worked fine.
    Can any one suggest me solutions for this ? Do I need to type down any cheat code specific for my graphics card ? Please help !!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I do not own such hardware but I would try Knoppix V 6.2.1 with the cheatcode xmodule=radeonhd. Support for Mobility Radeon 4570 (M92) was added in the radeonhd driver 1.3.0 although it is called experimental http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri...d/plain/README. I do not know whether radeonhd driver 1.3.0 was included in Knoppix 6.2.0.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens picture

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens

$249.99



Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New

$284.79



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor picture

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor

$39.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD

$27.99



AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad

$355.99