-

Originally Posted by
benzee1
I want to save my configuration so I can keep installed programs, settings, downloads etc. The FAQ tells me to: Go to the K-menu > KNOPPIX > Configuration and choose "save config", When I go to the Knoppix menu, there is no "configuration". There is Accessories, Games, Graphics, Internet, Office, Other, Sound & Video, System tools, Universal access, Preferences, Run and Log Out. I've tried different options through the Prefereces and other menus, but can not find anything to save my configuration. Please help.
I think youve been looking at the tips for an older version. First, you have to have a writable medium - usually a flash drive/sdcard these days, though I like my hard drive pseudo-installs. Try clicking Preferences-Install Knoppix to flash disk and then boot from that medium; you'll be prompted to create a "persistent image", which will do what you want.
Cheers!
Krishna
Last edited by krishna.murphy; 08-18-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Reason: typo
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$305.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00