-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
frankp
the losetup command gives me a "bad file descriptor" error...
ioctl: LOOP_SET_FD: Bad file descriptor
Yes, it shows that you have a bad compressed image to start with.
I simply take a normal file and do a losetup on it, I get the same error :-
Code:
# cd /tmp
# cp /etc/hosts hosts
# losetup -r /dev/cloop1 hosts
ioctl: LOOP_SET_FD: Bad file descriptor
This happens when I run this command from the / directory. If I run it from anywhere else, I get
KNOPPIX: No such file or directory
You must path the command to the right directory/file, eg :-
# losetup -r /dev/cloop1 /some_path_some_where/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
I find it strange that your working copy of KNOPPIX is resided in /KNOPPIX. In any case, you have to know what it resides, and substitute the correct path for it.
But whatever it is, if you have issued the command pointing to the correct KNOPPIX compressed image, the conclusion is that you have an invalid compressed image. You back to review your steps again.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Ooma Phone Genie VoIP Home Phone Service Adapter Device, White
$26.50

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28