Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: creating the iso image...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8
    Well, the isolinux.bin file is in the appropriate location... anyone else have any suggestions?

    Could I have something wrong with the command that I'm not seeing?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by frankp View Post
    Well, the isolinux.bin file is in the appropriate location... anyone else have any suggestions?

    Could I have something wrong with the command that I'm not seeing?
    The remastering tutorial that you linked to in the original message appears to be oriented towards an earlier version of Knoppix. I think the problem comes from relatively small changes in "location" of stuff - perhaps that'll trigger an insight from someone else on the board who used both versions and remastered.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    We are talking about the commands issued generating a specific error. So it has nothing to do with knoppix versions. As a matter of fact, you can manually create a few directories and copy a few files on to the relevant directories (including isolinux.bin ) and issue and commands, and such is what is needed to create a isoimage for any purposes not limited to knoppix only.

    The tested result of mine gave no errors.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8

    Fixed but still broken

    Well I finally got the file to build but now when I boot from the iso I created, I get the following error:

    Compressed KNOPPIX image is broken: /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX on /dev/sr0 on /mnt-system type iso9660 (ro, relatime)
    [ 2.097791] cloop: Initializing cloop v2.631
    [ 2.100441] cloop: loaded (max 8 devices)
    [ 2.395768] cloop: Read error 0 at pos 144 in file <NULL>, 3952 bytes lost
    [ 2.385775] cloop: Bad file, read( ) of first 4096 bytes returned 144.
    Could not mount /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX. Starting debugging Shell...

    -----------------------
    I've used all three of the command versions listed in the remastering howto on pages 14 and 15 (section "KNOPPIX Compressed Image") with no luck so far.

    It's definitely building a compressed image of some kind but I have no idea how to tell what needs to be fixed. Any suggestions?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$299.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage picture

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage

$74.99



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$125.00



VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C picture

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C

$140.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC Digital M8153 RH70 UNIBUS CONTROL-BCT (B15) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8153 RH70 UNIBUS CONTROL-BCT (B15)

$139.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00