I have a similar problem, when i create a protected wireless connection with knoppix, then the key isn't accepted on the windows 7 machine with which i try to connect.
My WI-FI network is recognized but my WEP 128 bit Hex key combination of numbers and letters is
apparently not recognized. Asks me for key twice then disconnects?
I have a similar problem, when i create a protected wireless connection with knoppix, then the key isn't accepted on the windows 7 machine with which i try to connect.
I have encountered this before too. But if I remember correctly, after I make the setting, then I logout and logout from Xwindow again, it then works. That's one of the quirks of network manager. Not sure if that will work for you or not.
I had a similar problem in Debian with WEP and wicd. network-manager may differ. The work around I made was to enter the HEX key and the essid with iwconfig.
As root,
Then I successfully prompt wicd to connect or it would before I could.Code:iwconfig eth0 key restricted <26_digit_HEX_Key> iwconfig eth0 essid <connection_ID>
I made an alias that would run as root:
Can't test this with network-manager since I am not having the problem.Code:alias <a_connection_name>='sudo -u root iwconfig eth0 key restricted <26_digit_HEX_Key> && iwconfig eth0 essid <connection_ID>'
--
Kind Regards,
Freeman

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00