-
Junior Member
registered user
ATI RADEON IGP 320 M aka Radeon Mobility U1 @ laptops
This card only work in vesa,
but it seems that mandrake 9.1 has Accelerated 2D and use the radeon
driver with X 4.3.0
Is that a patched X Version ???
please help
more details at
http://rzR.online.fr/n/laptop.htm
ps: this RADEON is use central RAM sharing
-
I have this identical card, and I was able to get it working with the radeon driver yesterday by using the following Section in my XF86Config-4 file:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "radeon"
VendorName "ATI Radeon Mobility M6"
BoardName "Radeon Mobility M6 LY"
ChipID 0x4c59
Option "AGPMode" "4"
EndSection
I found this by searching google. The important part is the ChipID line. Since the Radeon driver doesn't recognize the chip id of the 320m, you explicitely tell it to use the driver for another card that's similar. I'm sure there are other ChipID values that will work. BTW, in looking for an answer to this problem, I ran accross your site several times. Cool idea to document all of your hardware problems/solutions publicly. Anyways, these settings should give you some acceleration. I'm still working on DRI.
-
Junior Member
registered user
radeon igp & dri
I read that XServer radeon module is (or will be) patched,
Then that trick will be useless.
Thanks for this infos ... Now let's go for 3d accell
are there some developpers on it @ dri.sf.net
dont hesitate to email me for additional infos to put on my webpage
-
Junior Member
registered user
added Option NoAccell in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
I could load the radeon driver (and the 7500 one too) :
- disabled fb (boot: linux vga=3)
- added Option NoAccell in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
now i can use XShm to display video
Are you sure we are using the same device ?
What is your laptop brand ?
I didn't manage to use atitvout too
thank anyway
-
Junior Member
registered user
:D beta DRI for IGP !!! need help to release .deb's
It seems that a patch has been published (20030719) !!!
If some people want to help to release a knoppix/debian package ?
http://www.xfree86.org/current/DRI.html"
http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/
http://bugs.xfree86.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...?forum_id=7177
Similar Threads
-
By mors in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:15 AM
-
By mimamo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By jerzfr in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 05:45 PM
-
By zblace in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 04:25 PM
-
By Mrmagic97_99 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95