Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: CD from hd install

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30

    CD from hd install

    Can I create a knoppix cd from an install hd setup. I installed Knoppix 3.2 on my hd, can I now somehow turn that into an iso and reburn it to run from the cd?

    If not how would I go about making a cd that I could then install using knx-hddinstall script and have it work as my current setup does?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    depends what you modified .. if you changed only your ~ then copying it to /etc/skel should do the trick.

    If you added/removed packages there shouldn't be a problem. Just add/remove packages in your remaster.

    If you fundementaly changed your system - then you already know what you're doing

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30
    Well I installed postfix and openwebmail. I also tweeked a bunch of network stuff I thought would be cool. I am ready to dump the games and all that jazz but once I have a hd can I just makeisofs and use an existing knoppix cd for the boot image? The kernel right now is the stock knoppix kernel so that should be ok right? I'll try it and let you know how it went.

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$70.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card picture

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card

$26.21



NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance picture

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance

$29.99