-
CD from hd install
Can I create a knoppix cd from an install hd setup. I installed Knoppix 3.2 on my hd, can I now somehow turn that into an iso and reburn it to run from the cd?
If not how would I go about making a cd that I could then install using knx-hddinstall script and have it work as my current setup does?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
depends what you modified .. if you changed only your ~ then copying it to /etc/skel should do the trick.
If you added/removed packages there shouldn't be a problem. Just add/remove packages in your remaster.
If you fundementaly changed your system - then you already know what you're doing
-
Well I installed postfix and openwebmail. I also tweeked a bunch of network stuff I thought would be cool. I am ready to dump the games and all that jazz but once I have a hd can I just makeisofs and use an existing knoppix cd for the boot image? The kernel right now is the stock knoppix kernel so that should be ok right? I'll try it and let you know how it went.
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99