-
CD from hd install
Can I create a knoppix cd from an install hd setup. I installed Knoppix 3.2 on my hd, can I now somehow turn that into an iso and reburn it to run from the cd?
If not how would I go about making a cd that I could then install using knx-hddinstall script and have it work as my current setup does?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
depends what you modified .. if you changed only your ~ then copying it to /etc/skel should do the trick.
If you added/removed packages there shouldn't be a problem. Just add/remove packages in your remaster.
If you fundementaly changed your system - then you already know what you're doing
-
Well I installed postfix and openwebmail. I also tweeked a bunch of network stuff I thought would be cool. I am ready to dump the games and all that jazz but once I have a hd can I just makeisofs and use an existing knoppix cd for the boot image? The kernel right now is the stock knoppix kernel so that should be ok right? I'll try it and let you know how it went.
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power
$129.99

Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested
$29.78

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29