-
Linux driver for Canon Pixma MP560 - use ndiswrapper?
Two questions, actually:
1) Does it make more sense to poke around and try to find the "actual driver" to use with ndiswrapper, versus running the Windows installer? I got the printer itself hooked up to the wireless AP, but there seems to be no Linux driver.
2) What's the best way to free up space in the persistent store? I used some kind of apt-cache cleanup command, I think, the last time.
Appreciate your suggestions.
Cheers!
Krishna
-
Senior Member
registered user
but there seems to be no Linux driver.
Maybe you are interested in posts #10 and #12 in this thread at Ubuntu forums http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1264928. There is a link to Canon's Asian website with drivers for MP560.
I do not own such a printer myself thus I cannot say whether the driver works with Knoppix 6.2.1.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

TerraMaster F2-210 2-Bay NAS Server Cloud Storage
$199.95

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99