-
Can't get 6.2 to boot from a live CD
The disc worked on my laptop just fine. I then tried to boot from it on an AMD desktop and it won't get past the hardware configuration status bar.
I also tried to boot from a ubuntu disc that did a similar thing. I get splash screens, but it won't complete the boot.
Am I looking at an incompatibility issue?
The desktop is an AMD 2600 with 512mb ram. Laptop is a Dell 6400 T2500 with 2 gigs of ram.
Suggestions?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
What speed was the disc created at? I often see this problem with people who have done high speed burns. If the disc was created at high speed I suggest burning another copy at 4x.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
I thought that wasn't going to fix it because it worked on my laptop...
learned something new tonight. That indeed fixed it. Thanks.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Retro 16-bit miroSOUND FM10 Sound Card Yamaha OPL 3 FM-Synthesizer NEW
$449.00

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh System 7 OS Software 8 Floppy Disks Manuals Original
$99.99

Vintage Apple Super Serial Interface card ll-apple ll llplus lle 670-8020-A 1981
$99.00

Vintage Tei Inc 1977 CPU Assembly 13260 Circuit Board
$145.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working
$55.55

Vintage Apple Mac OS X 10.1 Puma Upgrade CD Box M8621LL/A (2001) Factory Sealed
$22.00