-
Sending info to thumb drive
Can not get Knoppix to recognize thumb drive or external harddrive.
Process I am following:
- In my laptop
- Have computer turned off
- Insert thumb in E: drive USB port
- Insert External hard drive in USB port
- Knoppix 3.6 in CD/DVD drive
- Turn on computer
- Program boots correctly
- When I go to save a .ed1 file I have saved it does not give me the option of the E: drive or external hard drive.
How can I get them to be recognized (son-in-law thought it was the drivers, but in windows I can read the information on both drives and they are barely full)
-
You have to mount the external filesystem first. As I recall, that version gives you an icon on the desktop for mounting such. You should also be able to do it from the file manager, or the command line. I'd highly recommend upgrading to the latest version, though, as there are many benefits, unless you really need some hardware compatibility that's not in the new version.
Cheers!
Krishna
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
krishna.murphy
You have to mount the external filesystem first.....
In addition to mounting a file system, you'll want to be sure that it is mounted read/write, the Knoppix default may be "read only". And I would never write to a NFTS file system with Knoppix, although writing to any version of FAT file system (the standard for thumb drives) should be safe.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ Starling
After you've booted up Knoppix on CD, if you can't see your USBs,
try unplugging them and plugging them in again.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$111.30

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Raid Card 12Gbps HBA HDD Controller 9300-8i
$16.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00