-
can not get poor mans install to boot
I am trying to get the knoppix dvd (adrian) to boot from hard disk using the poor mans install method. The system has a running opensuse 11.1 64bit os. I have installed puppy linux to hda0,2 and added it to the grub boot loader and it works fine. However, I can not use the same method with the knoppix dvd. The partitions are ext3. I read that knoppix needs it own partition using ext2. I have read the various how-to docs with no success. I do not want to boot a cd and use a cheat code to run the hard drive install of knoppix.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99