-
Data Recovery
Hi all.
I came across this site after trying to find out how to recover data from my daughters laptop after I did the following
I wanted to test a laptop HDD from a Acer Aspire 5738Z running Vista.
My daughters laptop is the same model running Windows 7.
I put the HDD I wanted testing in to my daughters laptop.
It booted fine so I swapped them back.
When I booted my daughters laptop it was showing the user accounts from the other HDD??
I rebooted, it wanted to run a checkdisc but I pressed a key to bypass it.
It booted and all was well, there were the users that should be there.
I switched it off.
My daughter turned it on some time later and it ran a checkdisc showing thousands of files flying by on the screen.
Many mentioned 'orphaned files'.
Since it did this I haven't been able to get into the laptop.
It boots, the welcome screen appears but there are no user names, no way of logging in.
It just has a blue language select icon top left, a icon bottom left to do with options for ease of access, the shut down/restart icon bottom right and the 'Windows 7 Home Premium' logo accross the bottom.
I've tried using F8, repair, system restore, safe mode, no luck.
I can get a command prompt, don't know if there is any way of getting in from there?
I'm stumped, I need to recover data before any clean install and was wondering if you Linux guys could help??
Any help much appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00