-
knoppix boot error
hi there
I am having trouble booting from my live dvd on my laptop.
i get the following error; /init: exec: line 742: /sbin/init: Input/output error
I have checked the md5 checksum and it is right, I have burnt the dvd twice at 2x speed (lowest speed i can burn at) and still having the same issue. I have tried googling this issue to no avail.
If any one can helpme out that would be great.
Cheers
-
Hi tlord334. I have the same problem with Knoppix CD v6.2. Did you have any success with fixing this issue?
I didn't find any clues on the internet either, except for a possible disc burn issue but it's not verified as such.
Any hints would be helpful.
See http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...t-output-error for details on my problem.
-
Problem fixed by using a higher quality CD, burning at the slowest speed and increasing write buffer size.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD
$48.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95